Okay, I’ve never been nominated or won anything…ever. And since it’s the end of awards season, I’m going to take this little honor as a big deal. So when a comment popped up on my iphone that I had been nominated for The Liebster Award by Sofia from something on everything I freaked out! I had no idea what it meant, but I instantly texted both my mom and dad to tell them. After I read the post, I thought “wow, this even cooler than I thought!” anything that brings more readership and awareness to my little blog makes me really happy. After googling what it was and what was entailed, I’ve found that I’m even more happy that Sofia nominated me. Basically it means she enjoys my blog and wants to get to know me better. Here are the rules;
- Post eleven facts about yourself
- Answer the questions posed by your nominator
- Pass the award on to eleven new recipients
- Pose eleven new questions to your bloggers
So my next step is to tell 11 random facts about myself and answer these 11 questions (at the bottom of the post.) I think it’s awesome and am really honored. (I’d like to thank…oh no speech is necessary? Crap, alright fine…) And then I get to return the favor and nominate 11 blogs I love! So here is my required 11 random fun facts about me, the girl behind the computer.
- I dip chicken (nuggets, tenders, strips) and french fries in honey. I’ve done this for as long as I can honestly remember. It’s really good, trust me, just try it.
- I’m obsessed with Justin Timberlake. When I was 14 years old, I became an *nsync addict. I watched ‘*n the mix’ on vhs probably more than 350 times (and that was just in the winter..my grandparents even knew every word to the 90 minute documentary..) Cut to a couple years later, when I went to what was my concert seeing them, I had the experience of a lifetime. On June 5th, 2001, I finally had the floor seats I had been pining over. My dad and I got to Giants Stadium early, so I could fill him in for the millionth time on tidbits about the show (I had already seen this concert, PopOdyssey two weeks before and he hadn’t, so I was just doing my duty to give him the info) and as we approached our section I thought “No way can seats 17 and 18 (my lucky number!) be at the end of the row, next to the catwalk, that the guys spend a lot of time on…right?!” Well, wouldn’t you know, the escort stopped and said “Here’s your row, your seats are right at the end” And I stopped and looked him dead in the eye and asked “Wait, next to the catwalk?” And he replied with a smiled and a “Yup.” Holy crap, I almost died right then and there. I was on cloud 9. My dad had this goofy smile plastered to his face as he was the father of the happiest girl on the planet. This was it, the big time, I’d be inches away from the man I pretended I was kissing when I was really kissing my pimply boyfriend. I was having the night of my life, singing, dancing, screaming, smiling like it was my job. As the beautiful evening was coming to a close, the guys took the stage to sing us one last song, ‘bye bye bye’ (fitting, no?), and now it was do or die to get Mr. Timberlake to touch my hand (like Chris and JC (twice!) had already done.) There he was singing about moving on and leaving and right before he went to go back into the dance formation, it happened. His right hand grabbed on to mine and for an instant, the world stopped. It was magical. It by far was the coolest moment of my life and now at 28 (12 years later.) I can still say it’s number one.
- Justin Timberlake once touched my right hand. (But you knew that after reading ALL of #2…right?!)
- June 5th is a lucky day for me..not only did my hand holding with Mr. JT happen on that day, but on that same day years later, I had the privilege of meeting my favorite female celebrity (which was an equally cool experience, that I’ve included in an upcoming post..)
- I’m a homebody and would rather lounge around in sweats doing practically nothing then go out.
- I’ve had the same friends since I was 8 years old. Of course throughout the years I’ve added to my group of girls, but the core remains the same.
- The Disney Channel is programmed to be what comes on when I turn on my cablebox.
- I have a love/hate relationship with the New York Rangers. However, I love #61 all the time. (And I don’t ever fully hate them, I just get mega frustrated with them..)
- One of the things on my bucket list, besides seeing the real Eiffel Tower, I want to see all the replicas too.
- My fingernails and toenails always have to match.
- If I’m home, there has to be a candle burning. I enjoy different scented candles and currently am rotating between my two newest ones; Stress Relief from bath and body works and Peach Bellini also from bath and body works.
Okay now onto the questions Sofia passed along to me..
1. Favorite children’s book? I was the ‘Baby Sitters’ Club’ by Ann M. Martin biggest fan. I loved all of the books and read almost of all them twice. I also loved ‘The Baby-sitter’ by R.L. Stine. Incase, you’re wondering the two books only thing in common is the main character who is a babysitter.
2. Where was your most recent vacation? The last vacation, I went on was in August of 2011 and it was an overnight trip to Atlantic City. Even tho we only stayed one night, it was a really great time.
3. Five items you use every day? iphone, baby lips in twinkle, my leopard print toothbrush, my louie speedy 25, and my pillow!
4. If you could live anywhere, where would you live? This is tough, but I’m going to cheat and say I’d like a house in California, NY (where I live now), and in Pawleys Island, SC (where we vacation almost every year.)
5. Last time that you were surprised? Cheesy, but Christmas when I got a gift my mom kept saying I wasn’t getting. I actually don’t really care for surprises tho.
6. Your biggest pet peeve? I have tons. Dirty finger nails on others has to top the list. Like wash your hands..please.
7. If you could have any career, what would it be? I’d like to be a famous wedding planner. Or just a wedding planner in general.
8. Favorite scent? Perfume wise; it’s Unbreakable Bond by Khloe and Lamar.
9. Favorite dessert? Cotton Candy. I love the stuff a little too much actually, if I go to a fair, baseball game, or anywhere I can get my hands on the fresh stuff, I normally leave with two bags. (And not the small ones either.)
10. What made you start blogging? I needed something new. I have been going through a breakup and had recently retired from years of coaching varsity cheerleading and needed something to occupy some time. And this has become the perfect hobby.
11. One thing you hope to accomplish this year. Another tough one, but I think I’m gonna have to go with get a new job. I’ve been settling keeping the job I have now. After 10 years there, I have no room to grow and to be quite honest, it’s just annoying at this point doing the same darn thing everyday.
Now onto the really fun part; NOMINATIONS! It’s actually ironic that this happened when it did cause I have a post set for Monday where I give shoutouts to other blogs I love, but I’m going to keep these nominations strictly to wordpress..So here is my list;
Here’s the 11 questions I’m asking all of you;
- Where was your most recent vacation?
- What’s your favorite breakfast food?
- Do you have a favorite nickname?
- Biggest pet peeve?
- Biggest accomplishment to date?
- What made you start blogging?
- Favorite childhood memory?
- How do you celebrate your birthday?
- What’s one of your guilty plessures?
- If you had to keep one thing out of your current wardrobe, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite book? Or favorite movie?
If you’re on the list, then please know I always look forward to your post on my reader! I hope this brings a smile to your face, cause it certainly brightened my day..I really enjoy this wordpress community and am glad to be apart of it! Thank you so much again, Sofia for this! Xo
follow me on twitter; @kmpevents